The Kitchen: Chef Alex’s Fruit Smoothie
Perfect for a hot summer day, a quick easy breakfast, or when you just don’t have time to get your daily dose of fruit the old fashioned way. All you need is a blender.
- Frozen fruit (any mix of raspberries, mango, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries etc.)
- 1 frozen banana, peeled and cut into chunks (if you froze bananas before peeling, watch this video on how to peel: http://goo.gl/j97da)
- Nonfat yogurt
- Juice (orange, cranberry, pomegranate, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- Protein powder (optional)
- Flax or chia seeds (optional)
Use protein powder if you are drinking before or after a workout, you won’t even know it’s there. Adding chia or flax seeds is a cheap and easy way to add fiber to your diet and make your smoothie more filling.
- Blend fruit, banana, yogurt, and optional ingredients in blender with a some juice
- Add more juice until smoothie reaches required consistency.
You will have to experiment to get the quantities correct, smoothie making is more of an art than a science.